Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Small Things Make it Better

Sorry again for the long delay in posting but I'm definitely not having as many of the big picture taking adventures as I was before. Now I have whatever type of normalcy you can have in Beijing more or less setup and it's the little things that having been making my time here recently so amazing! So from now on I'll probably post once a week. Every Tuesday and Thursday I have been meeting with a language partner, she's pretty awesome :) Her name's Eva and we meet for coffee in the hutongs (small traditional Chinese homes that are still homes or businesses) across from the Lama temple. 
This is the street. 


This is my chrysanthemum and jasmine tea (it's ok to drink the flowers)!


I also went to an art talk in the 798 art district. I just love it there.  :) 








The talk was about an artist, Tehching Hsieh, who is very little studied and almost never talked about in the West. He currently had an exhibition up in the museum and a curator discussed his works. It would take forever to try to talk about his work but he has been an amazing contribution to both the eastern and international art community and I hope to continue to see more of him in the future.






This plus an art gallery event, dinner with strangers, and a few other cool things that I have no photos of made it a pretty awesome week :) I'll be trying to take more photos next week! haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment