Monday, July 8, 2013

Is this real life?

So here's a few more pictures at the Olympic stadium! The first are UCLA students on the trip and the second is everyone who went that day who are from all over the UC system. Everyone is awesome :)  



This is my awesome roommate :) If you know anything about my recent experience I feel SO lucky to not be in a situation like that again, it's pretty much the opposite!! Thank goodness :D


The next day I also went to the art district by myself called 798. I LOVE the subway system here because it is so clean and easy to navigate so I was totally fine. I know the area is becoming increasingly more commercialized but I thought it was still so interesting and I'll definitely be going back soon! I especially loved the graffiti! 


















Life has also been getting pretty real here. I finally had to do laundry haha


Also the pollution here is a real issue. Now when people talk about LA pollution I feel like I see it totally differently because now I've experienced real pollution. 
This is the pollution index and the worst parts of LA always stay at the most around the 50s. 

Last night Beijing was at 214. We also have masks to wear on bad days as I can feel a smokers (or I guess pollution) cough developing. Putting on the mask for the first time is the weirdest thing. It makes going outside feel like you work in a chemical plant. I know China definitely has some changes to make, I just hope people do something before it's too late.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment